01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Blogmas Day 10: My Favourite Festive Lipsticks

34


It's almost as if the closer we get to Christmas the more acceptable it is to wear a classic red lip on a daily basis for every occasion. I know not everyone likes a strong red lip, so I thought I would share some variations too.

Clinique | Cherry Pop


Cherry Pop is described as a rich blue red creme, which I can definitely agree with. If you want that classic Hollywood glamour red then you'll get that with this. The formula is demi matte, which I don't find too drying. It covers the lips evenly and smoothly which makes a nice application that isn't too difficult, but I would definitely recommend a lip liner just to give it that finished look. It is very long wearing and I'd say lasts a good six hours, so it's perfect if you want something that'll last throughout the night. There is also no scent or taste, so if you're sensitive to scents then this is right up your alley.

MAC | Lady Danger


My favourite red is the orange toned red, as I find them easier to wear than a blue toned classic red. Lady Danger is just that, an orange toned red. It is also a matte finish, so this is another lipstick that will last all night. I do find this a little drying, but it's nothing too dramatic. It applies beautifully and smoothly which you'd expect from a MAC matte finish lipstick. It has the classic Vanilla scent of MAC.

Essence | 09 I Feel Pretty


This lipstick has a sheer and shine finish, so if you like a strong matte finish then this is not for you. I thought I would include this, as I love Essence lipsticks and they're really good value for money, as I found this in Wilko's. The colour its self is a sheer red with plum undertones. These remind me of a tinted lip balm, as they are light and creamy, so you don't have to worry about it drying your lips out.

Gerard Cosmetics | Berry Smoothie


If you like a creamy berry lip then this one is for you. This isn't drying at all, as it is really creamy, so the lasting power isn't completely there; if you don't mind topping this up from time to time then you'll really get on with this lipstick. I can't smell anything, so if you're scent sensitive then you don't have to worry with this one, as it doesn't smell like anything.

Rimmel | Kate Moss 05


This is probably my favourite lipstick in this post, it's a warm fuchsia with a hint of red. It's a matte finish and not drying at all. I do find that this isn't as long lasting as some of the other lipsticks in this list, but it isn't terrible either. It's extremely pigmented and applies really smoothly with no trouble at all. 

Rimmel | Kate Moss 22


Start with a classic red and end with a classic blue toned red. I wasn't going to include this one, as it is similar to the Clinique Cherry Pop lipstick, but as this one is much cheaper I thought why not? Plus everyone loves a dupe right? This lipstick is a matte finish and extremely pigmented and with one swipe you're pretty much covered.

Left to Right: Rimmel 22, Rimmel 05, Gerard Cosmetics Berry Smoothie, Essence I Feel Pretty, MAC Lady Danger, Clinique Cherry Pop

That is it for my festive lipstick picks! 

What are your favourite shades for Christmas?

Thank you for reading!





35 36 37 38