01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Beauty Chores

34



Now I love everything beauty related just as much as the next blogger, but don't you think some things are a chore? I mean waiting for your nails to dry isn't as exciting as getting a new lipstick, am I right? Here are a few tasks that I don't find exactly fun.

Nail Varnish

Now I love nail varnish, I have spent a lot of money on it over the years. (Feeling a collection post coming on), but how annoying is taking it off and waiting for it to dry to add another layer and do exactly the same thing? I hate the look of my nails when they aren't painted, but I also hate the look of chipped nail polish, so this is a problem. This also means that getting shellac is a problem for me, as once it chips, I feel the need to get it all gone, but it isn't the easiest stuff to remove. It is worth it in the end though... I promise.

Shaving

This. Ugh. I can't. I cannot tell you enough how much I hate shaving, there's something about removing body hair with a piece of metal that is not enjoyable. Especially when you think you've done, but later realise that is not the case, so you have to repeat the process all over again. 

Taking Makeup Off

Do you ever have those nights where you get comfy in bed before taking your makeup off? I do and let me tell you, dragging yourself out of bed to take it off is not fun. Let's not forget the times when you've had a good makeup day and you have to sit in front of the mirror and wipe it all away.

Skin Care Routine

I have no idea how people can get into a good skin care routine and do it twice a day, as I struggle for once a day. I moisturise everyday, but there's something about using a cleanser and toner that I struggle to do. I am actually trying to combat this, but it's always been such a chore to actually do it.

Fake Tan

I've only used gradual tan, but even that is enough. I hate the applying, thinking you've got it spot on, only to wake up finding that you've got massive streaks everywhere. Or even worse waking up to realise maybe you should've used a glove after all; nobody likes fake tan hands.

Drying Hair

My hairdresser has told me multiple times that my hair holds a lot of water, as it's a pain to dry, but that would be because there's a lot of it. I have long thick hair, so the drying process is never five minutes. I will admit now that I've gotten a better hairdryer the process doesn't take as long, but it's still not the most exciting fifteen minutes.

Washing Makeup Brushes

Every time I go to do my makeup I remind myself to wash my brushes, but it still hasn't been done. I try to wash them at least once a week, but it takes so long! I must admit that it is really satisfying to see the product stained water turn clear after a good deep clean.

So these are my beauty chores! What are yours?

Thank you for reading!




35 36 37 38