01 02 03 <$luxuryblush$> 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Project 'Pan' and Another Spending Ban

34



Every time I see Project Pan, I think it says Peter Pan, so I'm amused already.

When I first started blogging and I saw these posts, I had a lot of respect for people that could actually go through with it, as I find it ridiculously easy to go in to Boots and leave with a couple of new things, but the time has come for this post to be important, as I need money. 

June is going to be an incredibly busy month for me, as I'm going on a girls holiday, but I'm also going on a family holiday too, so June is not going to come cheap. In order to prepare for this crazy month, I need to start saving, as June isn't that far away.

In order to save I took a look at what most of money goes on, and yes most of it is buying myself food whilst I'm at work, (which is also going to stop), but the pricey side is the makeup shopping. As let's be honest makeup isn't cheap. (Especially the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette that I have my eye on)

It's come to the point where I've looked at my makeup collection and realised; I don't need any more. Which is completely true, I don't, I may want more, but I don't need it. (Some may argue that you don't need any makeup, but that's a different subject all together). 

To combat this, I've had a good look through what I own, and I'm going to use them, as I have so much stuff that looks hardly used, all because I went out and brought a similar product. 

Bronzer & Contour Kits




Rimmel Natural Bronzer | Sun Bronze 022



I put this bronzer into my everyday makeup, not that long ago,  as it had been put at the back of the draw and forgotten about. I love this as like the name would suggest it's natural and doesn't come out too strong, but you can build to a stronger finish. I'm hoping to hit pan on this soon.

Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit | Fair




I took this to Jersey with me, but since I've been back I haven't been reaching for it. I can't remember if I liked it or not, which doesn't really help things. I'm not too keen on the highlighter as it's matte, and I like my highlighter to be shimmery. I will try to change my bronzer highlight combo from time to time, and give this another whirl.

Sleek Face Contour Kit | Light




I used this yesterday, well the bronzer half and woah, it works extremely well. I do feel like you have to be light handed and not drown your brush in product or you'll look dirty, (as I found out), but it blended out with a clean brush. I'll definitely be reaching for this more often, but I'm not too sure on the highlighter, as MAC Soft and Gentle and the Mary Lou Manizer have spoilt me for highlighters.

Lip Balm



The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balms



I brought the whole collection. Should I be ashamed? In all fairness they're cheap and I like the formula, so I thought why not, plus there was some sort of offer on, where you spent so much and got something free. I just don't use these that much, but I really should considering I went out and got the whole set.

Nivea Lip Balms




I got these before I started buying brands like Balmi and EOS, so these have slipped way down the using pile. I'm not too keen on them though, as I much prefer the brands mentioned earlier and the Body Shop ones. I will use these, as it would be a shame to ignore them completely.

Lip Products




Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain




I can't believe I forgot about these! I absolutely love them, and I'm definitely going to get some more wear out of them, and I may even have a review up soon.

Sephora Lip Gloss | Baby Doll 10



I haven't really been reaching for lip products a lot recently, but I haven't been reaching for this. I adore the colour, and think it will look especially pretty for Spring and Summer. I just don't get a great colour pay off because my lips are naturally quite dark, but I'm still going to try and pull it off.

Eye-shadow 




Makeup Revolution | Beach & Surf and Disappear to the Beyond



I've attempted to use these once and it didn't go well, so it's scared me away from them, but the colours are so pretty. I'm going to take these on holiday with me, so I don't have to take my expensive palettes, which means I'll be able to get some proper use out of them, but I think it will be nice to switch it up and start using these more.

W7 Palettes | In The Night, In The Buff: Lightly Toasted and In The Nude




In The Night, is a little tricky, as I'm not sure I can rock purple eye-shadow, but it does have some really pretty colours in it. In The Nude is a dupe for the Naked 3 palette, and as I have the Naked 3 palette I reach for that one and not this one, I take this on holidays when I don't want to take the Urban Decay palette. It's a gorgeous palette and I am definitely doing to try and use it more often. In the Buff: Lightly Toasted is a dupe for the original Naked palette. I do love this palette and need to reach for it more often!

Before this posts gets any longer I'm going to stop there. If you're wondering why I didn't include foundation or concealer, it's because I'm not as adventurous with those, I know what works for me and I stick to it, as well as mascaras.

I'm actually excited to switch it up a little bit!

What about you? Do you ever feel that your makeup collection is getting a little bit out of control?

Thank you for reading!






35 36 37 38